We accept, love and challenge children with God's truth.
We help any willing child reach his or her fullest potential to become radically Christ-like.
Everything we do in Kid City is centered around this purpose. We provide purposeful spiritual growth opportunities, family-focused events, and community building experiences for all ages. Our desire is to partner with parents to help raise up Christ followers. We invite you to stop by the Kid City welcome desk for classroom placement and opportunities to serve.
Stay connected with what's going on by liking our page on Facebook and Instagram.
Sunday Worship Programming for Kid City
- 9:30 AM & 11:00 AM - Birth - 6th Grade and Special Needs Class
- Birth - 2 year old children will experience a warm and caring place where they are encouraged to explore. We take time to share the love of Christ through repetition, music, and creativity.
- 3's - Kindergarten children experience small groups led by caring teachers who lead them in activities designed to help them apply the Bid God Story to their lives. They also participate in an interactive large group Bible adventure, worship time and learn bible verses.
- 1st - 6th grade children will find teachers and mentors ready to share the Big God Story with them. Small group and whole group opportunities allow all grade school children to engage in worship,Bible teachings and team competitions.
Check-In with KidCheck
At First Baptist Church of Tempe, nothing is more important to us than the safety and security of your children. We have chosen KidCheck as our children's check-in solution to bring you the best check-in experience and to partner with you to keep your children safe. Creating your account prior to Sunday services helps your first check-in go smoothly so you can be on your way faster.
Create and Manage a KidCheck account
- Visit https://go.kidcheck.com or download the KidCheck app on an iOS or Android device. This allows you to create, manage, and update your account right on your device.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to create a parent profile page which includes your name, email address and phone number). Remember to select Save when you are done. When asked, "What Organization Referred You to KidCheck?", please enter First Baptist Church of Tempe (Tempe, AZ).
- Locate the "Kids" tab. Select the link to add a new child, and enter your child's information including name, date of birth, allergy information, and a photo). Select the Save button when this is complete.
- Locate the "Guardians" tab. This is where you will enter additional guardians who will be allowed to pick up children you have listed in the "Kids" tab. Enter their information and upload photos. Remember to Save when you are done.
- Locate the "Preferences" tab. Please perform the following tasks:
- Provide your cell phone carrier (this is required by the cellular providers in order to text you)
- Turn off "Notify on Check-out & Check-in" as this is not necessary
- Confirm that "Allow Child-Care Provider updates" and "Allow Child-Care Provider to email me" are activated.
In order for Kid City to be successful we need keep your information up to date. Please notify us of any changes including a change of address, any changes to allergies, etc. We also need your permission to contact you in the event of a child sickness, special events, a lice outbreak, etc.
We would love to have your help in Kid City! If you're interested in volunteering please fill out our Child Protection Policy and return it to us in person or through email.
For more information, please contact Sharmon Steil, Childrens Ministry Director at (480) 839-0926.