The generosity of God’s people makes possible the ministry of Jesus Christ at FBC and around the world
Enter Online Donation System
Giving Is an Act of Worship
Because God has given us many things, we should be willing to give back to God. Because He first loved us, we should help one another. Your donations can be made by check, online giving, stocks, etc.
- II Corinthians 9:7 – “Let each one do just as he has purposed in his heart; not grudgingly or under compulsion; for God loves a cheerful giver.”
- II Corinthians 9:8 - “And God is able to make all grace abound to you, that always having all sufficiency in everything, you may have an abundance for every good deed.”
From these verses we learn:
- Those who follow Jesus should excel in the grace of giving.
- Giving is an expression of the love you have for Jesus.
- God loves willing and cheerful givers.
- A willingness to be generous in giving is more important than the amount given.
- Our giving will result in praise and thanksgiving to God.
- Our giving should be a natural response to God’s gracious gift to mankind.
Donating Has Rewards
- II Corinthians 9:6 – “Now this I say, he who sows sparingly shall also reap sparingly; and he who sows bountifully shall also reap bountifully.”
Areas of Need:
- Donations for helping people in need.
- Donations for missions and missionaries.
- Donations to pay off debt on new building.
For more information on how you can participate in meeting any of these needs, please contact Pam Rosendale at 480-839-0926 or at email@example.com.
- Go to: www.fbc-tempe.org
- Tap “Donations”
- Tap “Enter Online Donation System”
GIVE by APP
- Search for GivePlus Church in the App Store
- Download the GivePlus Church App
- Enter First Baptist Church
- Tap Donate Now
GIVE by Text
- Text 833-412-0173
- Tap Giving Link
- Type in Assist and Enter Information
GIVE by Envelope
- Use assigned Giving Envelope from Church Office
- Or use white Giving Envelope provided in chair back in the Worship Center
- You write a personal check and place in offering plate or place cash in the envelope
GIVE by Authorizing Your Bank to Send a Check to FBC
- Use your Online Banking App
- Authorize your bank to send a check to FBC
GIVE by IRA Donation
- Avoid taxes
- Donate direction to FBC from your IRA account
The First Baptist Church of Tempe is committed to honoring God’s provision by exercising wise and faithful stewardship, ethical business practices and full accountability to ensure the financial integrity of FBC remains above reproach. We accomplish this through a system of internal controls and an internal budgeting and reporting process.
If you would like more information or would like to ask general questions, please call First Baptist Church at 480-839-0926.
Tithes and Offerings
What is a tithe and how is it different from an offering? The word, “tithe” literally means tenth or 10 percent. A tithe is the first 10 percent of your income. An offering is anything you give above and beyond the 10 percent.
Why do we tithe? The Bible says, The purpose of tithing is to teach you always to put God first in your lives (Deuteronomy 14:23 NASB). Tithing is a reminder that God is the supplier of everything we have. It is also God’s personal invitation to an outpouring of His blessing in your life.
In Malachi 3:10 (NASB), God says this: “Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, so that there may be food in My house, and test Me now in this,” says the Lord of Hosts, “if I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you a blessing until it overflows.” This is the only place in Scripture where God tells us to put Him to the test. In other words, he is saying, “Go ahead. I dare you. See if you can out-give me.”
Is God wise? Do you trust him? These are two fundamental questions behind the act of giving. If God is wise, then you should listen to what He says about financial stewardship. If you trust Him, then you should trust Him with all aspects of your life, including your finances. So go ahead, Accept God’s invitation to put Him to the test. Start tithing faithfully and watch what He does in and through your life.
Gift Acceptance Policy
For more information, please refer to our Gift Acceptance Policy.
Enter Online Donation System
Can I designate my giving to a specific fund or account?
Yes – A contributor can contribute funds to the “General Fund,” “Legacy” (pay off long-term building loans), “Faith Promise” (support missionaries), “Deacon Fund” (assist people in need) and “Other” (give to specific special designated accounts).
Are there additional fees associated with giving online?
Yes – there are fees charged to FBC for online giving. A contributor can give an additional amount to cover the fees which would be considered as part of their total contribution. The fees vary according to the donation.
If I schedule recurring donations, can I change the frequency or amount at any time?
Yes – A contributor can change the frequency and amount at any time. The method of payment (through debit card, credit card or bank account) can be changed at any time. The contributor needs to go online through the FBC of Tempe website to do so.
What happens if I change banks?
The contributor will need to go online through the FBC of Tempe website to make the changes for a new bank.
Will I receive a contribution statement for online donations?
Yes – A contributor will receive a printed contribution letter through the mail on a quarterly basis and an annual report. This letter will identify their giving by date, method of giving, amount fund, subtotal and fund summary.
Can I give online and still give in a service?
Yes – A contributor can give online and through an envelope in the church service or by mail. Through three ways the contributions will be deposited into the church account and contributors will be identified on the giving records.
Is online giving secure?
Yes – FBC of Tempe uses a reputable company to receive online giving.
Who do I talk to if I have a question?
If a contributor has any questions in regard to giving contributions to FBC of Tempe, please contact Pam Rosendale at 480-839-0926 for assistance.