Our goal is to support young families to grow together spiritually and relationally. The physical family is the most important building block to human society, and as such, it should be nurtured and protected. But more important than that is the new creation that God is making in Christ, which is comprised of a spiritual family, the Church, made up of all people who call upon the Lord Jesus Christ as Savior.
In particular, we are convinced of these biblical truths.
- Parents are the primary spiritual trainers of their kids and, in the end, are the greatest factor that contributes to a child’s success is his personal faith. (Deuteronomy 6:6-9, Ephesians 6:4)
- The church has a discipleship mandate that means discipling all ages and more than just as individuals, but also in their family relationships. We believe it’s important to disciple families, not just individuals. (Matthew 28:19-20)
- Children and youth are a gift from the Lord and can serve, grow, and be Christians now, not just when they get older. (Psalm 127:3)
- The church is designed to be the family of God and therefore must look for ways to be a family for all who enter its doors. (Galatians 6:10).
ADDITIONAL EVENTS FOR YOUNG FAMILIES:
First Baptist Church of Tempe Welcome Lunch – Sunday, September 8 and Sunday, October 20 at 12:15 in Room 107. Great way for Young Families to meet our Pastors & Ministry Leaders in a casual setting. RSVP to Jeff Savage at 201-519-2856.
Compassion Outreach Day – Saturday, November 16. 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Many great projects for Young Families to serve in. Feed My Starving Children, Operation Christmas Child, Shoebox Ministry are a couple of examples. Free BBQ Lunch in our gym at noon. Sign up table for service projects will be in Worship Center Lobby on September 22. More details, call Pastor Jeff @ 201-519-2856.
Singles & Married Unique Marriage Seminar.
Leader: Pastor Roger Ball
Ken and Nancy Nair (married since 1959) will be our Key outside Leaders for this unique Marriage Seminar
on Friday & Saturday August 30 & 31.
On Friday August 30, the Marriage Seminar will start at 6:30pm until 9:30pm.
On Saturday August 31, the Marriage Seminar will start at 9 am until 6 pm.
More details, Pastor Roger @email@example.com.
Awana is a personal approach to helping your children build their faith. A typical Awana Club night revolves around games, worship, scripture memorization and Bible knowledge. Our Awana Clubs meet during the school year on Sunday Evenings from 5:45 pm - 7:15 pm. For more information, contact Sharmon Steil, Children’s Ministry Director at 480 839-0926.
Sunday Worship Programming for Kid City For more information, contact Sharmon Steil, Children’s Ministry Director at 480 839-0926.
- 9:30 AM - Birth - 4th Grade, 5th and 6th Grade, Special Needs Class
- 11:00 AM - Birth - 4th Grade, 5th and 6th Grade, Special Needs Class
- 5:45 PM - AWANA (4yrs - 6th grade).
For more information, contact Sharmon Steil, Children’s Ministry Director at 480 839-0926.
Build your friendships each Sunday at for a free lunch in the Gym at noon.
Meet new people each Sunday night at 5:45 PM for dinners before Awana in the Quad.